Saturday, January 9, 2010

lovely little things

I named my blog 'Sweetest Littles' because the simple, little things in life tend to be the most magical for me. When I am able to focus on the present and be in these moments fully, they are tender, sweet and oh so lovely. Here are a few of those little things I truly love.

:: creating anything at all

:: a hug for no reason

:: a long, open-hearted chat with a dear friend

:: the daily phone calls with my mom

:: the excitement of my children when they learn something new

:: the smell of hot, warm anything-in-the-bread group baking in the oven

:: the wonderful, endless creativity of children

:: a genuine, warm smile

:: this video... it says it all about just how lovely little things can be. I get a little teary every time i watch it! I CAN'T WAIT for the follow-up. You can take a peak here.

1 comment:

  1. Small stuff matters!

    I love the simplicity of this video. I love the way it shows just how easy it is to 'make' something...and how easy to make a difference. And I love the way it brought people together. Thanks for this gem, Ali. :)

    ReplyDelete